Hi Friends, Just want to take a quick moment to thank Susan from Achieving Creative Order for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I appreciate you!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who
have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are
appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs.
There are some rules that go along with it...
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you. 3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate. 4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post. 5. No tag back. Simple enough, Right!?
11 Random things about me:
1. I ADORE small children and everything about them! They can lift my spirits within seconds!
2. I love reading, but haven't read a novel in over 5 years. I read a lot of self help and inspirational books. 3. I can't explain why, but I am deathly afraid of cats!!! I must have been attacked or killed by a cat in my past life or something... ;) 4. I've been to 7 countries and lived in 3.
5. I can't hold my alcohol...therefore I don't even try! Although I love the taste of wine, half a glass of it will knock me out. I guess I can be a little nutty without it ;)
6. I go for an hour walk every day by myself (no people, no music)! Nature does wonders for my state of mind!
7. I love cooking! I cook every day for my family. I love experimenting with different ingredients, and it relaxes me.
8. I'm going to state the obvious...I am obsessed with organizing, reading about organizing, looking at organizing pictures....you get the idea...
9. I knew I was going to marry my husband the second I laid eyes on him. It was completely random and really weird...
10. I speak 3 languages: English, Serbian, and am little rusty in Hungarian.
11. It is my dream to run a marathon!
Susan's questions for me:
What is your biggest regret in life?My biggest regret in life is not pursuing my education/career dreams in design. Instead I studied accounting because it was safe and it was a logical decision at the time (didn't want to move away to a bigger city, and was excellent in math) If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?Happy Who is your favorite actor?I have a few...Anthony Hopkins, Sean Connery, Matthew Mcconaughey etc. What is your favorite midnight snack? LOVE my nachos and salsa!!! Do you like to sing in the shower? If so, what do you like to sing? I do! I sing whatever is on replay in my head at the moment.. What experience(s) have marked you the most? I would have to say it would be the war in former Yugoslavia (1991-92). It was the scariest time in my life...and brought on most changes. Are you a night owl or a morning person? Definitely a night owl!!! My body doesn't function in the morning. How superstitious are you? It depends...usually I am not, but I do get my moments. What is your one achievement that makes you most proud? You know, I am proud of a few achievements, but nothing compares to the pride I have in my children. They are my greatest achievement! They are kind, loving, well rounded and intelligent young people and I would love to take credit for that. What was your worst dating experience?I don't really have a bad experience. I've been really fortunate. I didn't date much...I've met a guy while vacationing in Europe and went on few dates, then wrote for a while..It was totally innocent. I met the love of my life, my husband, two years later and everything else was ancient history. We've been happy together for 15 years. What three things would you take with you on an island? Things or people? I don't need anything as long as I have my family with me! Things are replaceable...
My questions for my Nominees:
1. Why did you start your blog? 2. What are the biggest inspirations in your life? What inspires you to do what you do? 3. What is your favorite season and why? 4. What is your favorite childhood memory? 5. Facebook, Twitter or Google+? 6. Who's your favorite Superhero? 7. If you could ask your future self one question what would it be? 8. Do you believe the grass is greener on the other side? 9. Do you prefer tea,coffee or cocoa? 10. Do you think you are a good judge of character? 11. Whats the scariest thing you've ever done?