Monday, October 1, 2012

Corner Cabinet Solutions


My sister asked me the other day if I had any ideas on how to organize the corner cabinets in her kitchen. "Lazy Susan," I answered right away...that was one of the most memorable ideas I have seen to this day...the one that made the most sense. But the more I thought about it, the more obsessed I was with finding a solution to her dilemma. I see the frustration people have with this issue, because so much valuable space is lost with this corner cabinet, and many have piles of everything in there that are hard to get to.

The first chance I got, I did some research via the Internet.

I found tons and tons of solutions to this organizing dilemma, but my all time favorite was this one! This is the one I would love to install when I get a kitchen large enough to have a corner cabinet. It just makes so much sense.




Same idea here...Why didn't I see these before?!



source



I found the close second one here. This one is for the blind-corner cabinets. They describe the Blind-corner cabinets as cabinets on inside corners that are accessible from only one door. So installing a sliding out shelving mechanism into their blind-corner cabinets is pure genius.

 http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TFH/Step-By-Step/display/FH05OCT_SMAKIT_02.JPG


 The third one is a Lazy Susan, found here.

Lazy Susan

The following idea is probably the cheapest, but nonetheless fabulous! They removed the doors and installed large hooks on the top surface of their cabinets and hung their pots and pans.


0928_rack01.jpg
Do any of you have any tips or advice I can give my sister?
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Have a great week,



13 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through A bowl full of lemons and I love your post. I went back and read all of your post. Makes me want to get up and clean and organize. I actually do a similar daily speed clean. It just makes you feel good that your house stays semi clean. Keep posting you are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! I really appreciate your comment, it just made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Those corner drawers are amazing Kristina! I've never seen them before but I would totally love them (like you... if I had a kitchen big enough for corner cabinets... mine's a galley style kitchen right now so no corners!). Lazy susans are the typical way to maximize corner cupboard space but these drawers give a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kitchen is a galley style as well and totally lack storage space. I am still working on system...but a girl can dream, right? Hopefully it comes sooner than later ;)

      Delete
  3. LOVE THE DRAWERS!!! If hubby wasn't so frugal, I would install them in a nano second!! Although, my dilemma is for my upper corner cabinets where I keep my spices and baking supplies.. lol ;))) Thanx for the research and all the hard work you put into this... lol but I have another project for you I see!!!! (should have been more specific!!!) :))) LOVE YOU!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...I didn't even realize you had upper corner cabinets :/
      I am so figuring this one out for you! We should go browsing for ideas next week and make a day out of it..perhaps Tuesday or Thursday when the kids are in school! Love you too

      Delete
    2. You got it!!! I guess I should put you to work more often in my kitchen ;)) They are very awkward as far as their shape goes, and I don't like how the door side seems to be the smallest side of the actual cabinet, so even if they were the lower ones those drawers would not even be an option for me. Anyway, you should def. get a visual of my cabinets before we go anywhere so you at least get an idea! :) Keep up the good work! <3

      Delete
  4. man i wish i had some advice. I HATE my corner cabinet. but these ideas are awesome!!!
    i wish i could be more organized!! thanks for the motivation to try:)

    XOXO
    ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, glad to help, Ashley! ;)
      Organizing is a bit of work at first, but it's so worth it when you get there.
      Have an awesome day,
      Kristina

      Delete
  5. Wow corner drawers? Those are too cool! Thanks so much for the follow :) Sharing the love and following you back :) Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love them!
      Thanks so much for the follow back :)

      Kristina

      Delete
    2. wow those kitchen desks are so interesting and awesome! thanks for sharing! <3

      Letters To Juliet

      Delete
  6. Has anyone figured out a solution for the UPPER corner cabinet yet?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...